Parent Engagement consists of engaging, equipping, and supporting parents in our partnership neighborhoods, encouraging them to utilize their unique cultural gifts and talents to bless and serve the school and community.
As partnerships continue to establish relationships within a neighborhood, opportunities for parent engagement are a vital next step.
ENGAGING – When parents meet regularly, they are able to connect to resources and build a relationship with the school and with each other. Their consistent presence on campus opens the door for opportunities to encourage and support students and staff.
EQUIPPING – Providing growth opportunities on topics such as Personal Development, Leadership Development and Civic Engagement help parents identify their value and build confidence to serve and lead.
SUPPORTING – As parents grow, they are encouraged to put their skills into action by serving their school and neighborhood in areas such as:
- Planning and volunteering at school carnivals
- Hosting appreciation lunches for teachers & staff
- Monitoring crosswalks & bridges for student safety
- Participating in community clean-up projects
- Engaging in Spring Break Camps
- Leading/volunteering at Saturday Sports
- Attending City Hall meetings for policy decisions that affect their communities
- Meeting with elected officials to discuss concerns of their neighborhoods and schools
. . .
ENP believes that within each neighborhood, residents hold the values & assets needed to create healthy, thriving communities. Working together creates a greater capacity to strengthen our city.
. . .
Go to the people
Live among them
Learn from them
Start with what they know
Build on what they have
But of the best leaders, when their task is done
The people will remark, “We have done it ourselves.”
(Ancient Chinese Proverb)